You are my sunshine...... ;-)

Monday, January 10, 2011

British English vs Malaysian English.. ;)

Final Joke For Today.....Monday's Nearly Over... Friday Will Be Here Soonnnnnnn... Cheers ;)


British English vs. Malaysian English Who says our English
is teruk? Just read below - Ours is simple, short, concise,
straight-to-the-point, effective etc.
  

WHEN GIVING A CUSTOMER BAD NEWS

 Britons: I'm sorry, sir, but we don't seem to have
 the sweater you want in your size, but if you give me a
 moment, I can call the other outlets for you.


 Malaysians: No stock.

 RETURNING A CALL
 Britons: Hello, this is John Smith. Did anyone call for me
 a few moments ago?


 Malaysians: Hello, who call?


 ASKING SOMEONE TO MAKE WAY
 Britons: Excuse me, I would like to get by. Would you
 please make way?


 Malaysians: S-kuse me.

 WHEN ASKING FOR PERMISSION
 Britons: Excuse me, but do you think it would be possible
 for me to enter through this door?


 Malaysians: (pointing at the door) Can ah?


 WHEN ENTERTAINING
 Britons: Please make yourself right at home.

 Malaysians: No need shy shy one lah!

 WHEN DOUBTING SOMEONE
 Britons: I don't recall you giving me the money.

 Malaysians: Where got?

 WHEN DECLINING AN OFFER
 Britons: I would prefer not to do that, if you don't
 mind.


 Malaysians: Don't want lah.
  
 WHEN ASKING SOMEONE TO LOWER THEIR VOICE.
 Britons: Excuse me, but could you please lower your voice?
 I'm trying to concentrate over here.


 Malaysians: Shut up lah!

 WHEN ASSESSING A TIGHT SITUATION.
 Britons: We seem to be in a bit of a predicament at the
 moment.


 Malaysians: Die lah!!
  
 WHEN SOMEONE DID SOMETHING WRONG
 Britons: This isn't the way to do it. Here, let me show
 you..


 Malaysians: Like that also don't know how to do!

 WHEN ONE IS ANGRY
 Britons: Would you mind not disturbing me?

 Malaysians: Celaka you!





















  

5 comments:

  1. hahaha..i like ur entry
    thats the malaysian english 'trademark'..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ringkas dan senang pickup
    ahahah
    jimat air liur

    ReplyDelete
  3. apis: Our English is one of a kind... ;)

    misSbLury: Ha ha... betul betul betul.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. task untuk awak http://shalleyshalina.blogspot.com/2011/01/izamir-ridzwan-pendrive-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehe hhahahaha...i english teacher one, sometimes i oso serender to teach my studen..haiyoo! wat to do, short and fast maa...

    ReplyDelete